2020-21 Whole-School Professional Development
Please scroll down the page for my suite of whole-school professional development opportunities for 2020-21, which cover a broad range of English support – writing, grammar, spelling, reading, phonics and vocabulary – alongside broader teaching & learning training.
It includes perennial favourites alongside much that has been updated, and some great new training opportunities too.
I take a flexible approach to training, as I know that one shoe doesn’t fit all. A suggested number of
hours for each module is listed, but you can choose to have these delivered either as INSET or staff meetings. Those modules which are longer, can be split into a sequence of shorter staff meetings to fit your school schedule. And modules can be flexibly combined to create a tailor-made CPD package personalised to your school.
Should you wish to find out more details about any of the training opportunities or discuss how I might support your school or wider organisation, I’d love to hear from you, so please get in touch via the contact form.
As well as the whole-school training listed on these pages, I offer follow-up class-based support to help teachers to engage with training where it matters most, in the classroom, and with children that they work with on a daily basis. And you only pay for the time spent in your school; I do the lesson planning in my own time at no cost to you.
There are two types of class-based training I offer as follow-up work to whole-school work: Demo Lessons and Lesson Study.
Demo Lessons are exactly that: I teach lessons, modelling techniques that have been delivered during whole school training while your teachers observe, followed to discuss and ask questions.
In Lesson Study, I plan, teach and review a series of lessons (typically 4) with a group of teachers. This has some advantages over Demo Lessons:
- teachers can unpick the thinking that goes into planning lesson content
- lessons can be better tailored to the needs of your children
- misconceptions can be unpicked and addressed in subsequent lessons
With the uncertainty due to Covid 19, I understand that you may be hesitant about committing to training dates and will want flexibility to reschedule or cancel bookings, so with this in mind:
- all whole-school training can be delivered in person or remotely (using Zoom)
- should your school be closed due the impact of the virus, or a number of staff are self-isolating which makes training unviable, you may choose to can reschedule or cancel, no questions asked
- school-based training may be streamed or recorded for those staff who might be isolating and unable to attend
Discounts are available on training booked before the end of July 2020 and delivered before the end of July 2021.
- 10% discount for 3+ hours of whole-school training
- 20% discount for 6+ hours of whole-school training
- 30% discount on 10+ hours of whole-school training
- 20% discount on all demo lessons
- 20% discount on all lesson studies
No need to request a discount. It will be automatically applied when booking.
Below are the range of training I will be providing for 2020-21. The number of hours needed to deliver the training (not necessarily all in one go) is indicated for each module. Please get in touch if anything piques your interest, you’d like more details or would like to discuss a tailor-made package for your school or organisation, please get in touch via the contact form.
Please click on the icon below to open and download a PDF copy of the 2020-21 training brochure.
Get In Touch
Should you wish to discuss a tailored-package please get in touch by using the contact form.